Monday, May 22, 2006

24


What is the deal with 24?

Last year my wife became hooked on the show and I sat through and watched it with her. This year is the same. The show is OK but not great. The only thing I like about it is Jack. After watching this season I a’m left with some questions and thoughts:

  1. Does CTU screen any of their employees? Every year there is a mole in CTU.
  2. How come Jack never as to pee? He never eats or drinks either. Why can'’t he whip in to a Starbucks for a white mocha?
  3. He has the best cell phone ever! It never drops calls, has unreal battery life and always has at least 4 bars of reception. Alltel needs this phone.
  4. What kind of hand held device is he using? Is it the Super Palm with the 100gig hard drive? It has blue prints of all the buildings in LA, specs on planes, satellite feeds, and U2's complete music library and uncanny wireless connection speed. Where can I buy one?
  5. Is Jack really Mr. Know it All masquerading as a CTU agent? (see picture)
  6. Why isn'’t there ever any traffic?
  7. Why didn'’t Jack just call somebody at CTU and play the audio recording on a voice mail? Then there would be a back up.
If you come up with something feel free to add it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I KNOW! I got into 24 for about 24 hours. A girl friend lent me the first season and I stayed glued to the tube until I began to grow frustrated by some of the things that could've been prevented by anyone who was in the field he's supposed to be in. So, I kicked the habit. Even though this is the fave show of my fave talkshow host, Glenn Beck.

I took to Gray's Anatomy for about a season, too, but the main character continues to act as if she couldn't possibly have graduated even highschool, let alone med school.

I'll take House, any day. It's the only TV I do watch, aside from an occasional movie.

Mon May 22, 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger D-Dub said...

Thanks for visiting Saur.

More on 24:

Why did Jack go inside to answer the phone? Doesn't his daughter have his cell phone number?

Why didn't Robo Cop (Chris) check the gun Jack gave him? Robo Cop is supposed to have been a highly trained agent. You'd think he would know to check his weapon.

How come a few hours before, Audry is near death. By 6:30 am she looks hot again?

I missed this part: Did the Helicopter pilot ask Jack why his sun visor was down while flying at night?

I'll have to check the DVR - but it appeared to me the Chinese were able to capture Jack, beat the hell out of him and get him on a ship in the span of 8 minutes. How is that freakin possible?

Tue May 23, 01:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home